We started the blog with this goal: to create a community of men that share a desire to love their wives like God loved the church with the hope that we become a stronger Christian husbands. We had no plan or really any ideas. We thought we would simple start writing. It has been amazing how God has taken us forward.
We recently received some feedback from a new reader. They commented on how well we have covered the three greatest inner needs that God has created within a husband and wife – for love, significance and security). God designed a husband to have a greater need to significance, while the wife is uniquely created with a deeper need for security.
A crucial element in the marriage relationship is becoming aware of your partner’s desires and learning to meet them creatively.
Philippians 2:4 says, “Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.”
How Husbands Can Fulfill Their Wives’ Desires:
Affection (Song of Solomon 1:2; 2:6)
• Give hugs, kisses, cards, flowers, and gifts.
• Tell her how much you care for her.
Communication (Ephesians 4:29)
• Listen with concern and interest.
• Encourage and praise her positive character traits.
Honesty (Proverbs 24:26)
• Commit to total truthfulness.
• Share your true thoughts, feelings, and desires.
Financial Security (1 Timothy 5:8)
• Shoulder the financial responsibility.
• Prepare a budget together to plan for the future.
Commitment (Hebrews 13:4)
• Schedule quality and quantity time alone with her.
• Make your wife and family your highest earthly priority
We have many woman that read our blog, so we thought we would include How Wives Can Fulfill Their Husbands’ Desires:
Admiration (Proverbs 31:23)
• Praise his positive character traits.
• Respect his burden of responsibility.
Domestic Support (Proverbs 31:27)
• Provide a peaceful home atmosphere.
• Manage the home efficiently.
Companionship (Mark 10:8)
• Develop mutual interests together.
• Learn to talk knowledgeably about your husband’s occupation.
Attractiveness (Proverbs 31:25)
• Develop inner beauty that earns respect.
• Display inner strength regardless of outward circumstances.
Sexual Fulfilment (1 Corinthians 7:4-5)
• Communicate your sexual desires.
• Give assurance that your husband is sexually adequate.
Be Strong. Act Like Men.