It’s the little things that will make the greatest impact in your marriage and in your heart.
Think about it. You hardly see each other. You hardly speak to each other. We live fast-paced lives that consume our time and attention. Those “big” moments are hard to produce, but the little things are quick and easy to produce over and over. Just a couple of thoughts….
- When your spouse comes home – stop what you are doing and greet them. Give them a hug and a kiss. Be intentional
- Surprise them with a treat that they would love
- Call them on your lunch break – just because and see how their day is going
- Leave notes in random places for them
- Fill their car up with gas
Pay attention to the little things. You might be surprise with all the ideas that you come up with.
And then…stay consistent even through those difficult moments between the two of you. Yes. I get it. You might not be getting along in the moment. Too bad. God loves you despite your difficulties. And I have found that staying consistent helps me maintain the right perspective in my heart.
Be Strong. Act Like Men.